Slovenian Economic Mirror: Moderation of growth in export-oriented parts of the economy; further growth in the domestic segment
The situation in the Slovenian economy continued to improve towards the end of 2018, though more slowly than in 2017. Lower export growth is a consequence of one-off domestic factors and weaker growth in economic activity in main trading partners. Activity in sectors that are...
Replacement of the management of the institute of macroeconomic analysis and developement
At today’s session the Government of the Republic of Slovenia appointed Maja Bednaš as the Acting Director of the...
Slovenian Economic Mirror: The growth of the export part of the economy has slowed, while the growth of activities oriented predominantly to the domestic market is similar to last year
In Slovenia, the growth of the export part of the economy has slowed, while the growth of activities oriented...
After last year’s acceleration, a slight moderation of economic growth this year and next. A continuation of strong growth in exports and investment; growth in private consumption will accelerate this year. Inflation will rise moderately.
Further growth in employment in most activities, but it will ease owing to the decreasing pool of labour. Wage growth will be strengthening, reflecting favourable economic developments and the increasingly limited supply of skilled labour.
Economic growth in Slovenia’s trading partners will ease somewhat this year according to the latest forecasts by international institutions. After last year’s extremely high rates, Slovenian exports will see more moderate growth this year.
The Institute of Macroeconomic Analysis and Development of the Republic of Slovenia is an independent government office.
The Institute performs the following tasks:
- it monitors and analyses current trends and development in its economic, social and environmental dimensions;
- it monitors and analyses the achieving of the development objectives of the country;
- it prepares macroeconomic forecasts and other expert groundwork that serve as the basis for budgetary planning and formulating economic policy measures;
- it analyses productivity and competitiveness as the national productivity board;
- it carries out research work.